January 2, 2013 2013 Goals
I’ve never been one for New Year’s Resolutions. Maybe it’s because my parents never were, or maybe it’s because they’re almost always doomed to failure. On a personal level I’ve always felt that anything worth “resolving” to do, doesn’t need a start date or a deadline but rather it just takes making the moves to make a permanent lifestyle change.
Although I’m not big on resolutions, I am absolutely a goal setter. This year I have many goals set both for my business and for myself personally, and I will be keeping track of them throughout the year.
- Photograph 25 weddings in 2013
I have 13 already booked so I’m on the right track!
- Assist/Second shoot on even more
- Photograph a birth story
- More newborns too!
- Thanks to MD Question 6, attend and/or photograph as many same sex weddings as possible
I just booked my first same sex couple and I LOVE them!
- Build an office/studio
- Continue learning and improving!
- Continue consistently blogging, even when it’s the slow season (winter) and there are fewer sessions to share
- Network with more wedding vendors
- Find more wedding venues that I *love* and give them prints and albums to share with prospective couples
- Leave my full time job either late this year/early next
- SAVE SAVE SAVE until then
- Cook more dinners at home
- Make being healthy a priority again
I used to be REALLY good about working out 4-5 times a week and eating healthily but with this year’s busy season I fell off both wagons. I’ve been back at the gym for two weeks already, taking it slow and working my way back up.
- Be more positive
- Although it will be a very busy year between working full time, teaching, my video freelance career and putting in full time hours for my business, I will make more time for quality time with my awesome and supportive husband, Steve
- Travel as much as possible this year
Goal setting can be very effective if you write down and consistently check in with your goals! Hopefully you all will help keep me accountable! I’ll do quarterly check ins this year to mark my progress on each of these.
Happy New Year and I hope you have success in making positive changes in your life too!